The following is a typical "flow of steps" · during the home purchasing process.
- Select a Realtor to work for you as a Buyer agent.
- Identify your home search parameters
- Discuss financial aspects with your family, Mortgage Company and Realtor.
- Inspect and/or search for homes that meet financial requirements and your own
- Select a home and write and present an offer through your Realtor.
- Consider and address possible contingencies you may have with your offer.
- Continue mortgage approval process.
- Do preliminary home inspection, making list for repairs needed or required by agreement or prior to appraisal.
- Pre-settlement inspection- Make sure required repairs have been completed and no other additional repairs are required or that no additional damage has occurred.
- Title search by escrow and Title Company.
- Escrow company receives mortgage package.
- Arrange document-signing date with escrow.
- Set up change of utilities.
SETTLEMENT DATE AND CLOSING
- IT'S FINALLY YOURS.
- Key exchange with Realtor
- MOVING DAY!
Usually the house hunting process seems to be quite hectic while looking for the home of your dreams. After your offer has been accepted the mortgage process usually takes between 30 and 60 days, and can seem like forever. This is really one of the most critical phases where things can either go smoothly or totally fall apart. Constant updating and awareness will make your closing go as smoothly as possible. Your Realtor should will keep in close contact with you and guide you through the process.